How did we come up with the name “New Moon Strategy” for our digital marketing agency? We wanted a name that we could relate to, and we wanted it to speak to our marketing strategy.
There are many phases of the moon, just like there are many phases to implementing a solid marketing strategy for your business. The new moon phase is the best time to start new projects and set new goals, and working with New Moon Strategy is a new journey for both us and our clients that we are excited to be a part of. We want to guide your business on your journey to a full moon – symbolizing growth and completion.
Our Phases of the Moon Strategy consists of the five phases of the moon from a new moon to a full moon and explains how we will work with your business to create a digital marketing strategy to help you grow.
The New Moon phase is the starting point of your business. It is making sure the key components are in place for your brand to begin marketing. If you are not a new business, the New Moon is the stage to perform an audit of your current brand and online presence to create a plan moving forward.
The key pieces of the New Moon stage are:
- Name – Defining your business name and ensuring that it speaks to who you are and what your products and/or services are.
- Logo – Creating a logo that speaks to your name and makes a connection to both your products/services as well as to your customers.
- Business Plan – It is important to make sure you have a well defined business plan and know what your products/services are and what problems they solve for your customers.
- Brand Guidelines/Brand Consistency – Your business should have well defined brand guidelines so that everything you do matches your brand. This includes your logo, fonts, colors, tagline, and more.
The Waxing Crescent phase is creating your online presence, and making sure that it matches with your brand. If you have a physical storefront, it is important that your brand is consistent both online and offline.
The key pieces of the Waxing Crescent stage are:
- Website – All businesses need a website. Your website should follow the latest usability best practices including making sure it is a responsive site.
- Search Engine Optimization – Your website should be optimized with SEO. If you launch a website without SEO, it is highly unlikely that your customers will be able to find you.
- Social Media – Your business should have social media to promote your business, as well as to connect with your customers. New Moon Strategy can help determine which social media platforms are best for your business.
- Business Listing – If you have a physical location, you will want to make sure you have a Business Listing with Google to provide your customers with correct contact information, as well as a link to your website and directions to come visit you.
The First Quarter phase is starting to get your name out there with digital marketing. This stage focuses on the options that do not require advertising spend that can help you gain credibility, provide resources for your customers, and provide a way to connect with your customers as well.
The key pieces of the First Quarter stage are:
- Blogging – Having a blog on your website is a great way to provide information about your products/services to your customers. It will help your website rank on search engines as well.
- Social Media Content – Now that you have your social media profiles set up, it is important to have a social media content strategy to stay consistent with posting information about your products/services, as well as having a way to engage with your customers.
- Email Marketing – You can use email marketing in a variety of different ways to promote your business. It is still a great marketing option to send out special offers, or just keep customers in the loop with a newsletter.
The Waxing Gibbous phase is when you will begin spending advertising money to promote your business. There are different options depending on the products/services that you offer, and New Moon Strategy can provide you with our best recommendation.
The key pieces of the Waxing Gibbous stage are:
- Google PPC Ads – Using Pay-Per–Click Ads on Google will get your business to show up on the top of the Search Engine Results Page, so that you are above your competitors and right in front of your potential customers who are looking for what you offer.
- Social Media Ads – Depending on your products or services, Social Media Ads might be a great place for you to advertise and bring in consistent leads for your business.
The Full Moon phase is when your marketing is in place, and your leads start coming in. This is when your marketing should be continuously monitored and optimized across all channels.
The key pieces of the Full Moon stage are:
- Ongoing Maintenance – The Full Moon stage is when New Moon Strategy works with your business on an ongoing basis to continue to optimize your website, SEO, and marketing.
- Reporting – Reporting will show you what is and isn’t working and helps you determine what strategies may need to be adjusted to continue to optimize for the best results.
- Engaging with customers – You can begin to engage with your current and prospective customers via social media, email, etc. to build relationships and hear what they have to say about you.
Have the New Moon Strategy implemented for your business by our team of certified marketing professionals. We’ll take your business through the phases of the moon to reach its highest potential. We can’t wait to work with you and guide your business on the journey to a full moon!